Northern Ontario, Northern Manitoba – More than 60 communities
Premier Health is an agency specializing in providing professional health
resources in remote areas, the great Canadian North, as well as in Indigenous
reserves. Since 2012, we have been a major actor in Quebec, supporting
communities in James Bay, Hudson Bay, Nunavik and others isolated regions. Since
2020, we are extending our services in Nunavut, Ontario and Manitoba with the
same human approach. Our values are centered on respect, integrity, empathy and
above all excellence.
partners with the Department of Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) to provide nursing
services to supplement internal ISC resources at different Remote, Isolated,
and Semi-Isolated First Nations (FN) communities in the regions of Alberta,
Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec.
services required include the care of patients and the provision of assistance
to medical doctors in the treatment of illness, the conduct of programs
designed to promote health and prevent diseases, and the provision of advice.
The services may also include direct patient care to individuals, families and
groups in the home and community, and consultation.
Assignments are 2 to 4 weeks long. Many opportunities through the year.
candidates to their first mission in Great North, Nordik can provide a one-week
training to prepare professionals to face Northern realities. Contact us
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing or Northern Clinical Training and current registration with the provincial licensing body.
- 1 year or 1,500 Working Hours of experience working in Remote, Isolated and/or Semi-Isolated communities
- 2 years or 3,000 Working Hours of experience performing nursing services in primary care and advanced clinical assessments. This experience must be obtained in the emergency, intensive care unit or in community settings such as health care centres (e.g. urgent care centre, quick care centre)
- Must complete a Federal Security Screening – We will help you through the process
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) / Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Education Program for Immunization Competencies (EPIC)
Next stepsDo you have questions before applying? Consult our F.A.Q section on the premiersoinnordik.com website, or contact us by phone at 1 844-939-4141, we will be happy to give you more information!